Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ready, Set, Sell

Welcome! As we mentioned in our seminar this will be our place to ask questions about your bead business. I've already received feedback regarding our seminar and will incorporate those changes into future presentations.

Already someone has offered the following helpful link:

http://www.development.ohio.gov/edd/1ststop/onestop/index.cfm


What has contributed to the success of the seminar to date is your participation. Hopefully, we will be hearing soon from our member who is applying to the Easton art show. We're all pulling for you and can't wait to hear about not only the outcome but the experience.


Let me know if you did not successfully receive follow up slides. Not to nag, but please respect the effort invested to make this seminar possible and please don't distribute the slides. Feel free to share the information you have learned with your friends.

Let the questions begin . . .

4 comments:

  1. What shows are you planning to do this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    I signed up to do the 6 shows in Westerville on the 4th Friday evening of the month. I have done very few shows, so I am a bit nervous about set-up and processing. I have been looking into setting up a merchant services account, but it seems so expensive. I have only accepted cash or checks so far. I know I need to accept credit cards, but I would love to know what companies you ladies would recommend and do you use a terminal, dial pay or store and forward?? THere are many hidden costs. Karen Tweed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,
    For starters try your bank. see if they offer anything. is there anyone you can share a merchant account with? often the merchant will provide a wireless handheld terminal. it works as long as there is a wireless network to plug int.

    any comments from anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frankie -
    what's the latest on the Easton show? we're all eagerly awaiting detials.

    ReplyDelete